Anyone excited about racing this Saturday??
The first race of the season is always a little hectic, so take a look at a few reminders below to help keep things moving as smoothly as possible.
1. Pit gates open at 4pm. Stop at the clubhouse to purchase pit pass prior to parking. EVERYONE entering the pits is REQUIRED to purchase a pit pass before entering. Please immediately park your trailer after paying, then report to the pit shack to pill draw and receive your transponder for the evening. If you are found to be in the pit area without a pit pass, you will be subject to removal from the grounds and permanent ban.
2. Pill draw closes at 5:30pm.
3. There will be a MANDATORY drivers meeting at approximately 5:45pm and hotlaps will follow.
4. Racing starts at 7pm.
5. All drivers are REQUIRED to wear a working raceceiver every time they enter the track. Failure to do so will result in you being parked for that event. We have some available for sale in the pit shack.
6. Non-wing drivers are REQUIRED to run a number plate displaying their full alpha numeric number. Please refer to our track rules for acceptable plates.
7. All winged cars must have their number legibly displayed on the right side of the top wing.
8. All drivers are required to complete a driver profile online, and turn in a completed form W-9. You will NOT be paid until both are complete. Please do this in advance. Both are accessible at our website: www.southernillinoisraceway.org
9. While you are visiting the website, take a look at both the general track rules and the rules for your class. There have been a few updates and it’s always nice to have a refresher
We are looking forward to a fantastic 2018!!