The 12th annual Terry Sprague Memorial is quickly approaching and we hope you all are just as excited as our crew!
Below are a few notes to keep in mind as you are heading our way.
Pits will open at 2pm each day. If you paid for a pit reservation, there will be someone available at the pit entrance to direct you to your reserved spot. Please be sure to pull in as tightly as possible in order to make room for all drivers.
EVERYONE entering the pits will be required to purchase a pit pass (entry fee does NOT include driver pit pass). We will have a 3 day option available. Cost per day are as follows:
- Adults: $70 for 3-day pass OR $10/Thursday $30/Friday $35/Saturday
- Child (12 and under): $40 for 3-day pass OR $10/Thursday $15/Friday $20/Saturday
Practice will begin at 6pm on Thursday. We will have a brief drivers meeting, then open practice until 9pm.
Friday & Saturday:
· Pill draw from 3:00-5:00pm
o All drivers will pill draw on Friday AND Saturday unless you finish in the top 6 on Friday night.
o Failure to pill draw will result in starting scratch for the heats and no passing points earned.
· Drivers meeting at 5:30pm
· Hotlaps at 6:00pm
· Racing will immediately follow
o Please make note of each’s night schedule. It is YOUR responsibility to be in staging at the beginning of your assigned races. We will do our best to keep the program moving as quickly as possible.
We have made a small change to format this year. Here is a breakdown:
- Heats will line up based on pill draw. Drivers will receive finishing point and passing points for positions gained. Points are deducted for positions lost.
- Qualifiers will line up based on points from heats with the top 6 in each qualifier being inverted. Drivers will again receive finishing points and passing points for positions gained. Points will be deducted for positions lost.
- Friday night feature will be lined up based on TOTAL points for the night (points earned from heats plus points earned from qualifier). Top 6 in the feature will automatically transfer to Saturday A Main.
- We will do the same thing on Saturday beginning with pill draw. The top 14 in points for the night will automatically transfer to the A-Main. The next 20 in points will go to LCQ. Top 4 finishers in the LCQ will advance to the A-Main.
SIR rules state:
Cars entered in the non-wing class are required to display a 10” X 7.25” rectangular white plate with black car number with no less than 6 inch letters/numbers OR body graphics that simulates black numbers (with letters) and white background with same requirements as a number plate (Same size, background, no fancy fonts in place of current number plate)
Number plates are available for purchase at our pit shack. This includes the plate and black numbers; please bring black electrical tape with you to create a letter if one is included in your number.
Your assigned car number is noted on the pre-entry list posted to the track Facebook page. Please make note of this number as some were assigned their second choice. The entire number needs to be included on your number plate. In addition, you will write the entire number on the sign-in sheet each night.
For those coming to the track for the first time this year, please complete the attached W-9 and return to us upon sign-in. If the name listed on the W-9 is NOT the driver, kindly write the driver name in the white space at the top. If you do not have a current W-9 on file, you will NOT receive any earned payout. We will not track your W-9 down, so please turn it in immediately upon arrival.
- Raceceivers are MANDATORY. It is your responsibility to make sure it is working properly prior to entering the track. Failure to wear a working raceceiver will result in a DQ for that race.
- Chemical alteration of tires (tire prep) will not be permitted. Anyone caught doing so will be disqualified for the remainder of the event.
- No fuel additives other than top end lube
- Event T-shirts will be available for sale.
- Concessions will be available each night.
- There will be a 50/50 both Friday and Saturday with track's portion going to Marion, IL soup kitchen in memory of Terry Sprague.
- Finally, to have a little fun this year, there will be a small corn hole tournament taking place Saturday with all proceeds going to Esophageal Cancer Education Foundation. Look for more information this week on Facebook!
We look forward to seeing each and every one of you!!